Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Photographic garden tour

Finally have some pictures from around the garden. After a slow start, the lettuce and spinach are coming along nicely, as are the tomatoes and peppers I planted a few days ago. This year I’m trying ‘Supersonic’, ‘Better Boy’, ‘Better Bush’, and ‘Solar Flare’ tomatoes. I’m going to have to put some kind of fencing around the raised beds, because last year I didn’t get a single tomato. Squirrels ran off with every last one!

100_1107

I’m also growing a lot of herbs this year: Thyme, Lemon Balm, Mint, Pineapple sage, Catmint, Rosemary, and Basil. As you can see, I’ve amassed quite a collection here on the side porch. So far I’ve made some great teas from the thyme, lemon balm, and catmint…very refreshing after a long day of digging in the dirt.

100_1101

Edibles aren’t the only things going on. Our old Rhododendron is blooming beautifully, with the best color I’ve seen on any Rhodo. Also brought home a Honeysuckle from a plant sale at the school where I went for horticulture:

100_1105

100_1110

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...