Sunday, June 26, 2011

The garden hums along

Haven’t been able to post as many updates about the garden as I’d like, but been keeping busy with landscaping work and my part time job. The Butterfly bush, Agastache, Coneflower, and Panicle Hydrangeas are all coming into bloom now and the bees are hard at work collecting pollen. Summer squash, cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes are all looking great! I’m excited to start having some delicious sandwiches and vegetable dinners! I noticed since putting in the bird feeders that the squirrels aren’t bothering with the veggies this year. Last summer, I found tomatoes scattered about all over the yard, and even caught a few of those furry pests red-handed as they climbed the trees with the fruits in their mouths.

Haven’t done much with the AeroGarden lately. The lettuce I was growing in there was not overly impressive…a bit lanky and lacking in substance. Going to try some herbs next…we use basil almost constantly for wraps.

That’s it for now, hope to have more to post in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...